CERD is dedicated to continuously support sustainable development of rural communities with strong focus on environment protection and promotion of various ecological production systems in agriculture. We believe that rural communities deserve a special attention and that’s way our moto reads: Rural is IN!
CERD is now searching for committed, reliable, dynamic individuals who wants to serve others by joining our organization (community) as a Finance and Admin Manager/Coordinator. We look forward to get a new and motivated team member who is enthusiastic about connections with nature and sustainable community development and has sense for environment protection and organic production.
Location: Village Krnete, Laktaši, 25 kilometers from Banja Luka, transportation provided
Position Title: Finance and Admin Manager (senior position) or in some exceptional cases Finance and Admin Coordinator (with less experience but with strong motivation to learn and develop and willingness for hard work)
Classification: This is full-time position of 5 working days, 40 hours per week (with three-month probation period). Flexible working arrangements are possible.
Language Requirements: Good command of written and spoken English
Supervisor: Executive Director
Starting date: Preferably May 1, 2022
Duration of engagement: The position is offered initially until the end of 2022 with a possible extension for another year upon successful completion of three-month probation period and is subject to the availability of funding.
CERD in Brief:
Center for Economic and Rural Development (CERD) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, established with an aim to support continuous development of rural areas and improvement of the quality of life of the rural women and men. CERD was officially registered in 2012 and has implemented more than 30 projects in agriculture and rural development sector. Expressed in figures, CERD has supported more than 5,000 people in over 60 municipalities in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Through its projects, CERD focuses on partnership and networking with various stakeholders in order to represent interests of rural population and advocate for their rights and improved practices and policies in rural development sector. CERD is founding member of Rural Development Network in BiH and CERD also has very good relationship and cooperation with many similar organizations active in rural development sector in Western Balkan region and Europe.
We are focused on our final beneficiaries, who live from their work and who want to create value that can be passed on to future generations. Therefore, CERD works together with other organizations that are active in rural areas. In this way, a network of various stakeholders is created and a synergy between them formed, and all of it with the aim of more efficient utilization of resources and achieving better results, of transferring good practices from the European Union and other parts of the world.
In order to get closer to its principal target group, CERD decided to relocate its headquarters from Banja Luka town to rural area in Krnete village, near Laktaši, where a newly reconstructed and modern building serves as CERD’s office and Rural Education Center. Around this Center, CERD purchased and rented agricultural land and established its own organic (ecological) farm. This farm and protected trademark brand called Domestica® owned by CERD are platform for local economic development of targeted rural communities based on organic agriculture production and collaborative marketing. In order to pursue commercial activities and improve its sustainability prospects, CERD has established its own social enterprise called Marketing and Export Center (MEC d.o.o.). In the period of three years, CERD was publisher of the unique and the only domestic magazine for agriculture and rural development Agro PLANETA. Currently, CERD supports the foundation of a sustainable community on its Domestica® farm together with people who wants to give its contribution in creating a new and better society.
The Finance and Admin Manager (F&A Manager), under the guidance of the Executive Director, is in charge of overall management of financial and administrative operations, human resources management and personnel administration, facility maintenance and procurement management, and securing compliance of CERD’s operations with relevant legislative. S/he supervises performance of other department’s personnel in area of compliance with administration and financial rules and for this s/he will coordinate with other related cooperation units including program department, the implementation team and colleagues from Domestica® farm and Marketing and Export Center d.o.o.
Taking into account a special environment in which CERD operates (possessing Office Building with Rural Educational Center and belonging courtyard as well as Organic Domestica Farm with applied Biodynamic agriculture principles) we look forward to get a new team member who likes rural environment and nature beauties, organic production and ecology and is willing to commit some of its working time for organic gardening as well as for care and development of our common place. Depending on the interests and willingness it is possible to develop stronger connections and working relationship with Domestica® sustainable community.
- Manages F&A department and maintains daily administrative, financial and accounting and personnel services of CERD in order to secure overall functioning of the organization.
- Oversees personnel administration; supervises staff in the preparation and flow of documents relating to financial, administrative and personnel matters; provides assistance to other team members in succession planning, especially when it comes to financial planning and budgeting.
- Support in preparation of integrated CERD annual budget with forecast of revenues and expenditures.
- F&A Manager is in charge of financial planning, budgeting, financial reporting, financing options, cash box and general accounting.
- Maintains relations with contracted Accounting Bureau.
- Recommends, implements and ensures compliance with administrative and financial related policies as well as donors administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Monitors all contracting activities, participates in the development of service contracts; monitors realization of contracts, service and other agreements in area of administrative jobs.
- Responsible for office management and supervises administrative services within CERD by managing filing, storage and security of documents (both electronic versions and hard copies).
- Creates and reviews financial documents such as request for payment (RFP), purchase orders, and invoices to ensure that proper cost are charged, that expenditures and revenues are recorded in the proper classification, and that purchases and other transactions by CERD and other project partners are proper in accordance with their approved budget.
- Reviews and analyzes accounting records to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting/program/legal requirements, and to identify issues, trends, and patterns;
- Responsible for preparation of payrolls.
- Establishes and maintains general and subsidiary bank accounts and related ledgers and conduct payments.
- Procurements management when it comes to administrative field.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, minutes, agendas, and written reposts; performs data entry and database management duties.
- Support staff in coordination and processing travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Coordination and execution of general services: phone calls receiving, monitoring and directing; message taking and forwarding, mail protocol and distribution, document scanning, faxing, copying; schedules visitors and coordinates office events/meetings, complaints noting and resolving; employee attendance monitoring.
- Oversees maintenance and cleaning of CERD facilities and office equipment handling, check out and maintenance.
- Provide support in handling crisis and emergency situations: earthquakes, fire, flood, chemical spills, diseases outbreaks, explosions, terrorism, medical emergencies for staff and visitors.
- Participate and contribute in strategic planning for organization and its social enterprise.
- Demonstrate commitment to upholding CERD’s Core Values.
- Readiness for certain level of engagement at Domestica farm operations and for regular care and maintenance of CERD’s building and location is desirable.
- As CERD’s project funding is rather flexible and adaptive, the jobholder will be expected to adapt quickly and take on new areas of work as required and assume other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of finance and administrative management experience, preferably working on international donor-funded projects. In exceptional cases, it is possible to consider an applicant with less experience but with demonstrated high motivation and willingness for fast personal development and hardworking attitude.
- Practical knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of accounting and budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, internal controls and auditing procedures, cash management, investments, and various laws affecting accounting and budgeting.
- Understanding of relevant entity, state, EU and other donors policies, procedures, laws, and regulations;
- Ability to evaluate, formulate, and implement policies and procedures; analyze complex data and supervise others involved in analyses; and develop long- and short-term work plans.
- Well-organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and prioritize projects.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to network and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to think creatively and take a proactive role in achieving team objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills; proficiency use of Microsoft Office is required while use of accounting software is advantage.
- Must be a self-starter, self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably from a remote location, making sure that quality maintains high standards and is provided according to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent standard of education or demonstrated intensive experience.
- Good verbal and written English language is required.
The CERD is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. CERD supports flexible working options including working from home for part of the working week, and there is some flexibility in working hours. CERD will provide opportunities for networking, learning and development.
Interested candidates should send their CV and letter of interest (motivation letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org till April 15, 2022.